Friday, January 29, 2010

Dreams are free...

So I thought I'd list my goals for the year 2010 in order to 1) give me the drive to complete my painting projects, 2) gloat if/when I achieve them, and 3) hide in shame if/when I fail spectacularly.

1. Qualify for the NZ Masters. One more decent finish in a tournament last year would have seen me up there, so with a planned attendance of 5 tournaments this year, I think I can achieve this.

2. Win a Best Painted Army award. I believe the best chance I have of this is FluffyCon in a few weeks as the army I lost out to at Fields of Blood won't be there. I have some nice new centerpieces planned so fingers crossed.

3. Finish the Warriors of Chaos army in time for Natcon. I don't think will (read: I'm sure I won't) be able to finish them for Equinox which was my goal, but I will be taking them even if they're bare and blue-tac'd!

4. Crush my arch nemesis Adam Richards the next time he's brave enough to accept my grudge. So far I'm 0-1-1... a record I'd like to rectify!!!


I think that should be it. The Ogres are on hold again unfortunately. There's just not enough sun shine hours these days.

3 comments:

Philfy said...

Good luck with all that Josh, reckon you should be able to qualify for the masters - you are a good enough player for it.

Love to give you an Equinox matchup at some stage...

Bloomfield Cricket Club said...

lol - what did Adam and his Dwarfs do to you mate

Josh W said...

I met Adam at Over the Top 09 and again at Fields of Blood. He's a great guy and it's a friendly rivalry obviously. Having not beaten him just irritates me I guess... lol